Saturday, March 20, 2010

Beautiful Girl


March 16th 2010, probably the most wonderful day ofmy life. This day is the day that my adorable daughter Rilee Lynn Haskell was brought into the world. Not exactly as planned however. Monday, the day before, I was supposed to get induced if my cervix budged even an inch more, but alas no budging. My doctor (who I absolutely LOVE btw) told me that I was at a serious risk for a c-section because the babies head was bouncing up and down and there was a high risk for the cord to come first or for her head to get stuck. He explained that I could have a 50/50 chance of having a normal delivery but that even still I probably would of had to have an emergency c-section. I asked for the week to think about. So the day of I had an overwhelming feeling that I needed to schedule it that day. So I did and after having a hell of a time fasting for the surgery all day long (and my mother and husband eating happily in their happy eating corner) they took me into the operating room to get my spinal block going which was suppose to take only 5 minutes but ended up taking 30 minutes because they couldn't find the right spot. A dozen or so needle pricks later, they said they got the right spot but I didn't believe them because I could still feel them pinching me and pushing my stomach around and after a while I wanted to speak my mind to the surgeons that seemed to be playing rugby with my stomach, they told me my baby girl was out (apparently the spinal block worked without my knowledge) I was about to tell them to quit playing around and to figure out a way to get the spinal block to take. I felt like saying," you can't pop her out like a zit ya know!" But everything went on while I was huffing and puffing behind the curtain and she was born and my attitude turned 180 degrees and all of a sudden I was surrounded by the most competent wonderful intelligent doctors medicaid could afford! When I heard her crying I started right in with her. I never thought a crying baby would sound so peaceful and amazing. She really was hand delivered to me by Heavenly Father. She has my butt chin and my hair color and oddly enough she kind of looks just like my dad. All she needs is eye glasses on the tip of her nose and a baseball cap set on her head like Elmer Fudd. I love my dad and although I wouldn't call my dad "beautiful", my Rilee is beautiful! Just see for yourself!

2 comments:

  1. she is adorable! i'm so happy for your guys! congrats. i don't think the birth process ever goes exactly as we plan..but in the end it's ok.
    love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful! Welcome to the world of divahood little Rilee- you come from a long line!

    ReplyDelete